Custom Search
} -->

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bath and Body Works Best Practices

Hello and welcome to my blog :)

The holiday season is pretty much here and one of my favorite things to do this time of year is fill my home with new scents from candles (one of my personal favorites), air fresheners, or new lotions/perfumes/etc. I'm not much of a baker and this blog is about beauty products so I need to find other ways to surround myself with holiday warmth.

One of my favorite and affordable places to get new scents to match the season is Bath and Body Works. I know, I said affordable...sit down, don't go running out to your nearest mall. BBW can be affortable but that comes with a few rules. If you don't know how to work that store you can end up spending way more than you have to. I have a few guidelines or best practices to help you maneuver the store and leave with that feeling I love of excitement to try new products and that high from getting an amazing deal.

OK so here they are:

1. Use a coupon!!! They give out so many coupons for REALLY good deals, like free X with ANY purchase (you can find things in there for as little as $0.50 for a little anti-bacterial holder or check out the 50% off sale items), or coupons for 20% off etc. If you don't have a coupon yet or all of yours have expired, see my next point.

2. Buy the least amount possible to make use of your coupon/get a coupon. Almost every time I've been to BBW they give you more coupons once you've purchased something. I'm always sooo enticed by a sale or a really yummy fragrance that I want to buy a million things, but chances are if I only buy the minimum I'll get a coupon which I can use to get the sale stuff EVEN CHEAPER! Just be patient, rome wasn't built in a day and neither was my home/body fragrance collection.

3. Take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 free/buy 5 for $X etc. deals but ONLY and this is important, ONLY if you actually want what they're selling. Take it from me, I've spent literally hours going through a store sniffing every fragrance wanting to like that 5th fragrance so badly so I can get 2 more free. Trust me, it's a waste of time and it will give you a headache. It is not a deal if you don't want it.

4. Occasionally they pull a fast one on you and discontinue your favorite fragrance but if you're lucky they may come out with that exact same fragrance just with a new name. Sometimes the store employees will know and be able to tell you but other times they have no idea. I have a story about this: I've literally come in to return a new fragranec and the employee looked at me like do we sell this? This is from another store. And I had to explain to them that no, it's from BBW it's a new fragrance replacing this one. The employee then smelled them both and said they smelled different but then the manager overheard and was like no, she's right that's the same fragrance. Sigh...

5. This is a tough one to carry out because I love buying new things, but if you have an empty drawer in your house or some storage space I'd recommend buying after a season has passed. They can have really great sales and if you have a 20% off coupon you might end up scoring big time. Just keep your products in the drawer until that season comes again and you'll be all set! Now would be a good time to buy halloween stuff. BTW this works especially well with candles :)

6. I would love to hear any of your BBW tips or home fragrance tips in general! Leave me a comment :) Also let me know if you want to hear any other best practices or if you want some BBW reviews! I have lots of their products and I definitely have some favorites I'd love to share with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment